Benefits of applying Ice on your face - Skin Icing
Benefits of applying ice on your face – Skin Icing
Applying ice cubes on your face is an old trick that a lot of people follow and swear by. And I am sure a lot of us do it once in a while as it’s a quick and easy way to cool off your skin in summers. But there are a lot of benefits you can get by simply applying ice on your face and why you should include this easy step in your routine. Let's start with understanding what is skin icing.
As the name suggests, it is simply applying ice cubes on your face after washing it clean. It is a popular trick that works as soon as you start doing it. The reason why it is popular is because it is easy, quick and has multiple benefits, including improvement in your skin’s condition, helps in skin inflammation, acne, pimples, reducing puffiness, improves blood circulation, tighten your pores, reduces signs of ageing and a lot more.
How to do it?
Ideally, cleanse your face and then take an ice cube and wrap it in a clean soft cotton cloth, and then place or rub it on your face. Massage it on your face everywhere. Do not apply the ice cube directly on your skin, it can damage your skin more than it will help.
Benefits of applying ice on your face:
• Improves blood circulation: The low temperature of ice reduces the blood flow under the skin at that point. Gradually, the body responds to the cold treatment and sends an increased flow of warm blood, improving the circulation. As an effect, the flow of warm blood also helps in clearing up toxins, also helps in rejuvenating your skin.
• Reduces puffiness: As we wake up in the morning, our skin, especially our eyes tend to seem puffy. Rubbing ice cubes on your face, especially on your under eye area can help in eliminating puffiness and can instantly make you look fresh and awake.
• Reduces signs of ageing: Applying ice cubes on your face has a tightening effect on your skin, and also helps in toning your face. Regular icing your face can result in a younger looking skin in a couple of weeks.
• Helps in minimising your pores: Massaging your face with an ice cube is the easiest way to reduce the appearance of pores as it helps in shrinking them. Apply an ice cube after a hot shower or a face pack etc., as it opens your pores.
• Key to glowing skin: Massaging your face with an ice cube regulates blood circulation which eventually gives you a glowing and radiant skin. It instantly makes you look fresh.
• Helps in calming acne or inflammation: If you’re suffering from acne, bumps, sunburn, or just inflamed skin on your face, applying an ice cube will help you soothing it, as it helps in minimising oil production from your face and simply calms your skin down.
General Dos and DONTs while icing your face:
• Make sure that the ice tray you’re using to freeze ice cubes is clean.
• Make sure you clean your face before icing.
• Do not use ice cube directly on your face. Always wrap it in a soft and clean cotton cloth before placing it on your face.
• Try to include this step in your routine, doing this regularly will definitely show results.
• Do not overdo it. Try not to do it more than 5-10 minutes.
• Avoid doing it multiple times a day. Just in morning and before bed is more than enough.
Ingredients that you can add to your ice cubes to make it more beneficial:
• Green Tea Ice Cubes: Brew a bag or two of green tea in hot water. Let it cool down and pour the tea into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Green Tea contains anti-oxidants, this helps in reducing puffy eyes and dark circles.
• Aloe Vera Ice Cubes: Take Aloe Vera extract or gel and pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it. This helps in calming your skin and reducing inflammation. It has a cooling impact on your skin if you’ve been out in the sun, applying aloe ice on your face instantly makes you feel relaxed.
• Cucumber Ice Cubes: You will need to extract cucumber juice for this. Pour the juice into the ice cube tray and let it freeze. This also has a cooling effect on your skin which majorly helps in reducing your inflammation.
• You can also add Rose Water to your Ice Cubes.
Hope this helps.